Join the Co-op
The Kootenay Boundary Services Co-operative membership includes 16 non-profit community service organizations from the West and East Kootenay and Boundary regions.
By becoming a member you join a co-operative committed to assisting its community social service member agencies to improve social well-being in the Kootenay-Boundary region.
As a member-driven organization, we work in accordance with the international principles of co-operatives, as they are the foundation of developing and maintaining a respectful and collaborative co-operative that meets the needs of our members.
We work together to strengthen the capacity of each member agency through cooperation and collaboration nurtured in a spirit of mutual support and respect.
Benefits of Membership
Member service is a vital part of the co-operative. Recognizing that members share some needs in common, but also have unique needs unto themselves, the Co-op provides a number of services for members.
Membership Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for membership in the KBCSC, an organization must:
- Be a non-profit community-based social sector society registered in BC at least 18 months prior to application,
- Be willing to adhere to the rules of the Co-operative,
- Commit to upholding the values of the Co-operative,
- Provide information about its structure, financial viability, programs and services,
- Purchase a $100 share in the Co-operative, and
- Pay an annual membership fee of $250.00.
To be eligible for membership in the KBCSC, an organization must be a non-profit, community-based social service society registered in BC. A copy of the Membership Application Guidelines can be accessed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.