Kootenay Family Place
Kootenay Family Place (KFP) was incorporated in Castlegar on January 17, 1972 as a non-profit organization with charitable status. At that time the society had four staff and provided a small child care program called Hobbit Hill Children’s Centre.
KFP now offers 14 different programs in five locations. We employ over 45 full and part time staff who serve children, youth and families throughout the West Kootenay and Boundary Region.
Kootenay Family Place is a registered non-profit organization with charitable status committed to serving the needs of children, youth, and families throughout the West Kootenay Boundary region.
KFP will build on current programs, based on priorities established in consultation with the community and the service network. It will diversify its funding, services, volunteer, and staff base in order to provide a wide range of quality services in the West Kootenay Boundary region.
- To serve children, youth and families in the West Kootenay Boundary region.
- Provide quality, licensed childcare services for children and their families.
- Provide specialized services (physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, infant development program) to young children and their families.
- Provide information and support to parents.
- Provide programs and supports for youth.
- Services to families, children and youth in the Castlegar area are coordinated.
- All young children in the catchment area receive the supports and services they need for a healthy start in life.
- Services are focused on intervening early in life and/or in the challenges faced by individuals and groups in the area.
- Individuals are supported in finding their own solutions.
- The organization has a diverse funding base that contributes to its financial security and stability.
- We work in partnership with the people and organizations of Castlegar and the surrounding area.
- The community is supported in finding its own solutions.
For further information, please visit our website or call our office at 250 365-8448.